Never Give Up
- The following are 35 quotes you can read the next time you feel as though you want to give up. Reminding yourself that loss of hope is temporary might just compel you to pick yourself up and move forward.
1. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'
--Mary Anne Radmacher, American author and artist
2. Fall seven times and stand up eight.
3. It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
--Albert Einstein (1879-1955), physicist and developer of the theory of relativity
4. Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
--Thomas Edison (1874-1931), inventor of the light bulb
5. Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
--Henry Ford (1863-1947), founder of Ford Motor Company
6. A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
--B.F. Skinner (1904-1990), American psychologist
7. Ask yourself this question: 'Will this matter a year from now?'
--Richard Carlson, American psychotherapist and author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
8. What if I told you that 10 years from now, your life would be exactly the same? I doubt you'd be happy. So, why are you so afraid of change?
--Karen Salmansohn, best-selling self-help author
9. As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better.
--Dr. Steve Maraboli, speaker and author
10. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
--Robert Collier (1885-1950), American self-help author
11. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
--Confucius (551-479 BC), philosopher
12. Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
--F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896-1940), American author
13. Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
--Newt Gingrich (1943- ), American politician, historian, and author
14. Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
--Julie Andrews (1935- ), English film and stage actress
15. Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.
--Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881), British politician and writer
16. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
--William Feather (1889-1981), American author
17. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
--Dale Carnegie (1888-1955), world-renowned author and speaker
18. Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success.
--Leigh Mitchell Hodges (1876-1954), journalist and poet
19. We will either find a way or make one.
--Hannibal (247-182 BC), Carthaginian General
20. It always seems impossible until it's done.
--Nelson Mandela (1918-2013), South African anti-apartheid leader
21. The best way out is always through.
--Robert Frost (1874-1963), American poet
22. A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.
--George M. Moore Jr. (1862-1940), Member U.S. House of Representatives
23. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
--Bill Cosby (1937- ), comedian and actor
24. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
--George Edward Woodberry (1855-1930), American poet
25. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you … never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
--Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896), American abolitionist and author
26. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
--Confucius (551-479 BC), philosopher
27. I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.
--Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865), 16th President of the United States
28. Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.
--Babe Ruth (1895-1948), baseball legend
29. Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength.
--Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), 26th President of the United States
30. Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.
--James A. Michener (1907-1997), American author
31. Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
--Walter Elliot (1888-1958), Scottish politician
32. The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.
--Mignon McLaughlin (1913-1983), American journalist and author
33. Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.
--Louis Pasteur (1822-1895), scientist and inventor of the pasteurization process
34. I was taught the way of progress is neither swift nor easy.
--Marie Curie (1867-1934), French physicist and two-time winner of the Nobel Prize
35. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.
--Winston Churchill (1874-1965), former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
-Taken from inc.com